How do you feel about the things that you have ‘got’ to do in life? What about the things that you have ‘got’ to do every day? Have you got to…….
- Go to work
- Do the housework
- Pay the bills
- Take the rubbish out
When we focus on the things that we have got to do in life in can very often bring us down and even make us feel trapped in day to day rat race of life. If there is one thing that life has taught us about focus it’s this…
“Where focus goes, energy flows” – Tony Robbins
So the next time you are focussing on the things you have ‘got’ to do in life and those things start to bring you down or make you feel trapped, let me offer a slight change – a change of just one letter in fact.
Remove the ‘o’ and replace with an ‘e’!
Before we carry on I just wanted to share with you a recent video blog I recorded about fear!
That’s right – when you replace the ‘o’ with an ‘e’ you can now focus on what you ‘get’ to do!
What are the things you get to do in life? The fun things, the things that you enjoy and that you want to do more of? Let me give you some examples from my life of the things I ‘get’ to do:
- I get to spend time with my wife, the most important person in life to me!
- I get to pick up my daughter from school, there’s just something about her smile as she comes around the corner and sees me sat there!
- I get to record video-based training programs and have them sold in 97 countries around the world (at last count).
- I get to know that those video programs are helping people change their lives and the lives of others.
- I get to coach people and watch them have breakthroughs and then see them move forward into a new life.
- I get to take my dog (Charlie) for a walk, my peace and solace time when I can think about anything – when he is behaving himself of course!
What do you ‘get‘ to do in your life? How does focusing on the things you get to do rather than the things you have got to do change how you feel?
Life should be about the things we ‘get’ to do, shouldn’t it? What do you get to do today?
If you are interested in learning more about either helping yourself or helping others then why not check out my two courses on Strategic Life Coaching…..
Just click the picture to find out more!
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
My Best Wishes,
P.S. – What are you going to get to do today?